Meet Our 2017 Winners
Our 2017 Health Quality Innovators of the Year included these outstanding organizations improving health care in communities across Maryland and Virginia:
- Project Living Well expands access to evidence-based self-management programs on the lower Eastern Shore of Maryland and provides person-centered wrap-around services to help improve quality of life.
- Capital Integrative Health uses an integrative primary care model in which a multidisciplinary team of clinicians take a collaborative, holistic approach to patient-centered care.
- Calvert Health System is taking a collaborative approach to reducing opioid addiction and preventing opioid related deaths by bringing together an interdisciplinary team of pharmacists, emergency department physicians and social workers.
- Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia’s Chronic Disease Self-Management Program equips seniors in the Hampton Roads region to better manage diabetes and other chronic conditions with “choice and dignity in their community.”
- The Harrisonburg Community Health Center is committed to providing patient-centered care to all its patients, including refugees and immigrants, making interpreters available at all points of service, including medical, dental, women’s health and patient education.
- Central Virginia Health Services leverages their electronic health record dashboard to coordinate care across 18 facilities and ensure patients receive the services they need to stay healthy and manage chronic conditions.
- The Daily Planet’s collaborative efforts with a broad range of partners contribute to the better health of a wide-ranging population in the Richmond area. The community health care center provides primary, behavioral, dental and eye care to an underserved population.