Finance/Accounting Intern (Paid) - Virginia
HQI is a health quality consulting company that serves as the Medicare Quality Innovation Network – Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) for Maryland and Virginia. In addition, we are the Practice Transformation Network (PTN) for a mid-Atlantic region, including Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia and Washington D.C., the only QIN-QIO in the nation to hold both contracts.” Since 1984, we have been leading the way to better healthcare by working with providers, patients and partners to improve health quality across the region. Through the PTN, we help independent practices to maximize efficiencies, manage population health and improve care coordination. HQI has helped improve patient care and safety for thousands of people over the years.
The Finance Intern (Summer) position will provide general accounting and project support to the Finance Department. Duties may include:
• GL – Perform routine accounting duties including account analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, and creating journal entries
• Billing – Assist with the project billing tasks
• AR – Support the dispute management function by following up on aged disputes.
• AR – Review existing reporting to determine if there are newer / better / faster / more automated ways of completing the same reporting
• Work on the annual budget process
• Assist the Finance Team in special projects, reports and perform other duties as assigned.
• Junior or senior in college working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 preferred
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – emphasis on Excel, with Pivot Tables
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com. HQI maintains a drug free workplace and is a M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.