Physician Services Internship - Virginia
Part Time: This position is currently offered on a part-time basis.
About Health Quality Innovators (HQI):
HQI is a nonprofit healthcare consulting company known for delivering innovative, best-practice-based solutions that improve patient care, impact population health, and make care more affordable. Since 1984, we have been leading the way to better healthcare for providers and other clients. As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of contemporary quality improvement using the latest tools and techniques, and to enjoy the satisfaction that comes with making a difference for patients and families.
About the position:
We are currently seeking an intern in our Physician Services Department to work 10-20 hours per week (flexible) with competitive hourly pay. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Development of incentive program tip sheets for providers
• Documenting and updating of workflows and processes
• Research on primary care service line development and best practices
• Exposure to and support of government contracting and grants
• Tasks to support new business development opportunities
This position provides a great opportunity to learn and gain exposure to incentive payment programs such as the Quality Payment Program, operational and clinical workflow transformation, exposure to Electronic Health Records, and quality improvement.
• Ability to work 10-20 hours per week
• Current enrollment in a graduate program in healthcare administration, management, or related field
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong analytical thinking and strategic planning
Apply by sending your resume to Virginia Brooks at email@example.com and Rachel Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions should be sent to Rachel Hill. HQI maintains a drug free workplace and is a M/F Disables and Vet EEO/AA Employer.