Consultant – Cardiovascular Health (Southwest Virginia) -
Make care safer and improve outcomes for patients living in Virginia. Health Quality Innovators (HQI) is seeking a Consultant who will work with stakeholders to support the development and sustainability of a stroke-focused Transitions of Care coalition in Southwest Virginia.
The Consultant will identify and recruit members for a Southwest Virginia Stroke Task Force, including EMS personnel and hospital and community partner representatives. You will develop and coordinate the Southwest Virginia Stroke Task Force, working to identify leaders to co-chair the effort and to develop a plan for sustaining leadership. Opportunities may include building shared purposes, setting goals, and obtaining commitment to active participation. You will also support and facilitate meetings to promote cross-agency collaboration. Identifying and recommending stroke improvement priorities is critical, including facilitating a root cause analysis to identify drivers of low performance in the areas targeted for improvement.
As Consultant, you will work with a team who is supporting a project to promote the adoption of evidence-based interventions to improve hypertension and high blood cholesterol.
About Health Quality Innovators (HQI):
HQI is a non-profit health care quality consulting organization that has improved care delivery, patient safety and outcomes for millions of people since 1984. Many of our services are funded by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and other federal health agencies. We work with hospitals, nursing homes, practices, public health agencies, community groups, stakeholder organizations, patients and family members that want to make sustainable change.
Our team members are energized by opportunities to reduce avoidable harms, improve population health, make health care more equitable, and align technology with care delivery. The HQI culture values creativity, teamwork and integrity as essential elements of producing excellent work. We believe in the importance of work/life balance and actively support professional growth and our local community. HQI offers a friendly, respectful and collaborative work environment that allows team members to bring their real selves to work every day.
· Bachelor’s degree in a health care field or related area. Master’s degree preferred. Three or more years of coalition building experience or experience in stroke transitions of care, either actively working with healthcare providers to improve stroke care or a similar health-related multi-stakeholder issue.
· Ability to provide QI training, including selecting improvement priorities and conducting root cause analyses around stroke improvement priorities. Ability to interpret data, such as performance on clinical quality measures, and experience designing and implementing plans of action using improvement tools and techniques.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to build consultative relationships with EMS personnel and local healthcare stakeholders, such as members of the Virginia Stroke Trask Force. Experience facilitating meetings and collaborating across agencies.
· Must be able to function effectively as a member and leader of a remote team, manage multiple priorities, and be comfortable using good judgment to keep work moving in the absence of complete information.
· Because we are a federal government contractor, you must be able to document full immunization against COVID-19 or present a valid exemption before you can be eligible for an offer of employment.
Competitive salary and attractive benefit package. Go to www.HQI.solutions/careers to apply. We maintain a drug free workplace and are a M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.