Program Manager – Hospital Quality Improvement (Remote) -
Make care safer and improve outcomes for patients at more than 100 hospitals across the country. Health Quality Innovators (HQI) is seeking a clinician or improvement professional to manage the day-to-day work of our national hospital improvement team.
The Program Manager guides HQI’s quality improvement advisors who deliver technical assistance and coaching to help hospitals meet challenging goals in such areas as hospital-acquired infections, hospital-acquired conditions, readmissions, sepsis, falls, opioid use and behavioral health. We will count on you to monitor hospital performance and use data to determine where HQI should direct efforts for maximum impact and attainment of program objectives. You also will assess gaps in our own performance, make recommendations to enhance program processes and execution, and develop improvement resources for hospitals that include webinars and best practice summaries.
As Program Manager, you will benefit from engagement in a national learning community that brings us together with the organizations supporting other hospital cohorts in a high-profile, federally funded improvement initiative. You will serve as a subject matter expert to our quality improvement advisors, guiding them on root cause analysis, improvement plan development, intervention implementation, performance measurement and intervention modification to achieve improvement goals. This is a terrific opportunity to move from the front lines of health care to a position where you are still making a difference every day.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health care field or related area. Master’s degree preferred. Five or more years of hospital experience, either actively participating in improvement initiatives as a clinician or coordinating improvement initiatives as a health quality professional.
- Ability to interpret data, such as performance on clinical quality measures, and experience designing and implementing plans of action using advanced improvement tools and techniques. Quality improvement credential (CPHQ, Lean Six Sigma, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to build consultative relationships with hospital personnel. Experience developing and conducting training sessions and writing reports.
- Must be able to function effectively as a member and leader of a remote team, manage multiple priorities, and be comfortable using good judgment to keep work moving in the absence of complete information.
- Because we are a federal government contractor, you must be able to document full immunization against COVID-19 or present a valid exemption before you can be eligible for an offer of employment.
Competitive salary and attractive benefit package. Go to www.HQI.solutions/careers to apply. We maintain a drug free workplace and are a M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.